Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Another day in the swamp

 I have this feeling you have to love or hate a swamp. Whatever your emotion it will be magnified with the Okefenokee. This is our third visit and unfortunately the first without seeing a gator.

The lizard in the middle picture tried to stand in for his big cousin but it ain't quite the same thing. I was sitting on a step talking to the little guy and did not need zoom for this photo. I have photographed alligators and using zoom is prudent. Also, you can see by his posture he is listening to me. Alligators never seem to attend even to the most important conversations.

The top photo is a homestead preserved in the park. The lower photo is not a garden decoration from Walmart. Just when you think that stuff is just made up out of thin air, wham, reality whacks you in the mouth. Now someone will have to prove to me Gnomes are not real.




No comments:

Post a Comment